When choosing how to implement your integration with ICEPAY you should start by answering the following questions:
- What technology does your website use? (e.g.: standard webshop software, self-built PHP, Microsoft .NET).
- How technical are you?
- What functionality do you want to use?
The webshop modules are plugins that can be used with existing webshop platforms. ICEPAY supports all the major webshop platforms. For a full list of all the platforms that we support, with links to the modules themselves see: https://icepay.com/webshop-modules/
- By far the easiest way to integrate
- No technical knowledge necessary
- Wide range of supported platforms
- Only standard checkouts are supported, no reporting, refunds, extended checkouts or recurring payments
- You must use one of the supported platforms
For further support on the webshop modules, please refer to our github site: https://github.com/ICEPAY/
PHP and .NET API
ICEPAY offers libraries for use in PHP and .NET. These libraries are basically wrappers for ICEPAY's REST API but they do help in tackling some of the complexities of the integration.
- Takes away complexities in properly formatting messages, calculating checksums, etc
- Supports standard payments, recurring payments and refunds
- Libraries for the two most common web development languages
- Reports and Extended Checkouts not supported
- Calls can not be made directly from the front-end
SOAP and REST API
The SOAP and REST API's are the backbone of ICEPAY's payment platform. They allow for our full range of functions.
- Full functionality and flexibility
- Can be used from any programming language
- Most complex way of integrating