When initiating a payment, the process is generally as follows:
- The consumer proceeds to the checkout in the merchant’s webshop.
- The consumer selects a payment method and enters additional information if applicable (such as their consumer bank in the case of iDEAL).
- The merchant performs a Checkout request to the ICEPAY webservice.
- ICEPAY returns a RedirectURL in the response.
- The merchant redirects the consumer to the provided RedirectURL.
- After paying, the consumer is returned to the merchant webshop at the URL provided in the Checkout request.
- ICEPAY sends a Postback with the current status of the payment to the merchant’s webshop.